On Fri, 13 May 2005, Jason wrote:

> Nope, same stuff that was playing fine in QT6

So that was under Panther.  From what I've gathered by reading all sorts of
reports there are alot more processes going on in Tiger.  You could run
Activity Monitor [I'm guessing it's still called that] or top to see what is
going on.
?

> On May 13, 2005, at 06:55, Nick Marshall wrote:
>

> > On Thu, 12 May 2005, Jason wrote:
> >

> >> I don't get it, everything was supposed to be better in the video
> >> world, but now, quicktime is stumbling  like crazy, slow slow slow...
> >> Anyone else have this, and/or know what to do about it..?
> >>

> > Are you trying to play HD content by any chance?  Here are the sys
> > requirments for QT7:
> >
> > http://www.apple.com/quicktime/player/specs.html
> >
> > Take special note of the requirements for HD.  No powerbook in
> > production
> > meets those requirements.
> >
> > Has anybody tried to play the HD stuff on their powerbook?  How was
> > it?
> >
> > --
> >

> --
>   --> AOL users, remove "mailto:";
> Send list messages to:  <mailto:G-Books@mail.maclaunch.com>
> Archive: <http://www.mail-archive.com/g-books%40mail.maclaunch.com/>

> iPod Accessories for Less
> at 1-800-iPOD.COM
> Fast Delivery, Low Price, Good Deal
> www.1800ipod.com

Nick

http://www.izap.com/~pinnacle

therhythmex: AIM, Jabber, and Yahoo Messenger ID

"So have I become your enemy by telling you the truth?" Galations 4:16 [NASB]