On May 13, 2005, at 4:25 PM, Laurent Daudelin wrote:

On 13/05/05 17:15, "Nick Marshall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Fri, 13 May 2005, Andrea Stansbury wrote:

It was my understanding that dialup cannot go wireless. I am pretty
sure that you have to have a high speed connection for a dialup connection?

Maybe someone else knows something I don't.

You would need one of the base stations that had a modem in it. The current
Extreme one has a modem and if memory serves there was a version of the
802.11b station that had a modem in it.

As far as I can tell, all the 802.11b AirPort Base Stations (non-Extreme)
had a modem in them. I think that the first generation (Graphite) could
share the modem connection only with computers connecting wirelessly to it
while the second generation (Snow) could also share it over a wired Ethernet
network since it had an additional LAN Ethernet port. I could be wrong
because I've never configured mine to do that...

Nope, not true. I share wired and wireless every day on my graphite with dialup. And I set up my niece's graphite to do the same. And it's really not to bad. As long as the other users aren't downloading files, it works fine. Now it's not near as fast as my DSL here at the office, but we can set on our sofa with a laptop and multitask just fine.

John Slavin
Kirksville, MO