Does anyone on the list know how to adjust the following firmware hack so my
newly over-clocked Dual USB iBook will show the correct processor speed in OS 10.3.9?

" /" select-dev
5efc680 " clock-frequency" get-my-property 2drop !
" /cpus/PowerPC,[EMAIL PROTECTED]" select-dev
239ea700 " clock-frequency" get-my-property 2drop !
5efc680 " bus-frequency" get-my-property 2drop !
17bf1a0 " timebase-frequency" get-my-property 2drop !

I got this from the web page at:

http://norum.homeunix.net/~carl/mods/overclock/index.html

I set up my iBook to run at 600MHz with a 100MHz bus. It ran great until I tried to
install a new OS then it would hang. I was also having problems with the firewire port.
I had entered the open firmware hack above and both OS 10.2.8, and OS 9.2
registered the correct processor info.
Because of the instability I was encountering, I decided to set the CPU speed back to 500MHz with
a 100MHz bus. This by the way is a very nice improvement over the 66MHz bus!
Everything is working perfectly now but the CPU speed still shows 600MHz in the newly installed
OS 10.3.9, and shows the correct speed of 500MHz in OS 9.2 wile the bus in OS 10 shows 100MHz.
Should I worry about the discrepancy?
Will it effect the way any of the programs operate?
I've had no ill effects in about 5 hours of use. In-fact I'm typing this message on it at the moment.

Thanks
Dean