On May 17, 2005, at 11:51 AM, Bruce Johnson wrote:

Tiger runs noticeably faster on my Pismo than Panther which was noticeably faster than Jag.

Officially per our campus Apple engineering contact, Tiger should run faster on supported systems provided you have enough ram. He says 256 is ok if all you want to do is boot it up and have it sit there, but reasonable use needs 512M.

These have 384 and are used almost entirely for reading email via dial-up connection, with the very occasional web site visit. One's officially unsupported, the other's open to interpretation. So I'm specifically asking about its relative speed (i.e. relative to Panther) on UNsupported sytems. I seem to remember one person here who thought it was faster on his wallstreet??

Anne