The Wallstreet on Panther is much like the Lombard on Tiger, meaning it is
for the most part compatible, but intentionally restricted only by the
Install program on the CD or DVD.  I used the exact same method to install
Tiger on my wife's Lombard and it works great, but the Wallstreet is simply
not Tiger-compatible.

A similar analogy is the Kanga G3 PowerBook, which will not load OSX without
XPostFacto.  The Kanga has hardware that just will not run OSX without
XPostFacto adding the necessary drivers to OSX.  The Wallstreet has an older
video card than the Lombard or Pismo, not to mention different motherboard
components.  One or more of those components, while supported natively with
a driver in Panther, is no longer supported in Tiger.

Panther is the best you will get on a WallStreet until XPostFacto adds Tiger
support for a WallStreet.

Honestly, I'd be happy you got Panther running, many WallStreet owners
aren't able to.  I didn't expect Tiger to work on the Lombard, and consider
it entirely a bonus that it does, not an entitlement on a 6-year-old laptop.

Andrew