>>I just bought a new Lithium-Ion battery for my Wallstreet, and from
>>what research reading I've done on battery care this is how *I'll*
>>take care of mine:
>>
>>1) I won't leave the battery in the 'Book while running on AC
>>adapter power.  Apple recommends against this practice for Li-Ion's
>>in its PowerBooks.

Have you got a cite for this?

I can't see Apple suggesting this and to the best of my
recollection I've seen the opposite. It's inconvenient. The battery
is needed as ballast to keep the computer from tipping over. The
battery acts as a UPS. In working with my used Wallstreet for two
years I left two batteries in all the time and it's still running
great. If the power manager / charger is working right it won't
matter.
Can't remember precisely where I gleaned that particular bit of info. Read everything I could find online and did a *LOT* of link-hopping.

Seems to me I only need worry about my WS tipping when it's in my lap; and in that event it's running on battery power, anyway. It's not nearly so tipsy in desktop use; and I'll prolly have drive modules installed, which provides at least some ballast. If I need/want extra ballast in my WS I have two dead batteries which will serve wonderfully...;^)

Me, I just use the computer and don't worry over much about the battery. ---------- Diferent strokes for different folks.

Pax,
--
Gene, a.k.a. G-Man