On May 20, 2005, at 4:24 PM, Pace wrote:

I got the OS X cd's out again & looked
to see what older printer drivers were on there
that you mentioned. There were NO additional Apple Drivers!

Soon after I wrote to you, I checked my install CDs (no extra drivers) and the internet (your Apple printer IS supported - using your 3rd party device - drivers are already installed).

I didn't upgrade to OS 10.3.9
but I did all else that you suggested.

It is hard to be on the same page if you don't update, but I guess you have your reasons.

Do you know if OS 10.3.9 will get ride of apple-known
problems with "classic"? While trying to fix this
not being able to make appletalk active. I read
somewhere to also make it active in OS 9. That's
when I noticed that when I clicked on appletalk
control pan in classic, it said "the application
or control pan is not supported in classic"
How can that be when it was installed with
OS 9.2.1

Each update to the OS does make improvements including improvements to the Classic environment, but I can't tell you anything specific. I am just working from my own experience. I hardly ever use Classic these days - only for some old MacDraw II layouts. There are several control panels that are not used under Classic because OS X provides the services, AppleTalk being one of them.

Turtle-Bear