On May 19, 2005, at 6:03 PM, Dyna wrote:

Apple markets the iBook to schools with the implied assurance that it is capable of withstanding the abuse school kids can deliver. I would thusly raise unholy hell with Apple and remind them that your family will personally lobby against any purchase of Apples by your school district, etc.. Hopefully Apple will realize that keeping your family as long term customers is more important than making a quick profit gouging you on repairs.

Apple should not be held responsible for user irresponsibility. Liquid and electronics/electricity don't mix, never will. Apple (and by no stretch) and the rest of us "responsible" (that is pre-accident) users should not have to pay for their actions.

Where does it stop: plastic or thin metal casing and concrete floors don't mix either.

That said, please everyone, if you or you child or grandparent or aunt spills liquid in a laptop they should cut power to it right away: pull the AC and the battery and get to someone who can take the laptop apart to wash and dry it. The laptop may likely be revived in the future if the power is cut right away.

We're only human so even with warnings about not drinking/eating around our PowerBooks, we still do it and we pay the consequences.

Turtle-Bear