Are you following the directions properly from Apple?  Are you wanting to
move files from the Pismo to the Qs?  The order should be QS on.  Shut down
PB.  Connect firewire cable.  Start the PB while holding down the 'T' key.
The PB should appear as a drive to the QS.  Then you could drag any files
from the PB to the QS.

Do you have a non US keylayout?  Any key modifiers?  Is the keyboard on the
Qs on a hub?  Are the Firewire ports on both machines good?  Is the cable
good?  I've only done this once and it worked for me, so I'm throwing out
ideas.

.nick

On Tue, 24 May 2005, Brent Baeslack wrote:

> I'm hoping that the combined knowledge of the list can end my firewire
> torture.
> I should be able to connect my  PISMO 400 mhz 768 MB OS 10.3 in
> firewire target disk (FTD) mode to a Quicksilver 733 mhz 640 MB  OS
> 10.3 but every time I try to access the FTD for backup purposes it
> freezes. I installed a second internal 120GB hard drive and created a
> partition to backup to.  What I have experienced is stalls and
> freezes with Disk Utility application, Carbon Copy Cloner, and Data
> Backup.
>
> To try and recover from these firewire freezes I run Applejack and
> then Tech Tool Pro 4 to repair the disks.
>
> Is there a preference I should trash to stop this pattern?
>
> Is this some kind of firewire firmware compatability problem between
> the Quicksilver & Pismo?
>
> I'm trying to backup, which is a good thing, but buying an external
> drive means laying out more money.
>
> Ideas, suggestions, and /or free beer appreciated.
> --
> Cheers,
> Brent
>
> --
>   --> AOL users, remove "mailto:";
> Send list messages to:  <mailto:G-Books@mail.maclaunch.com>
> Archive: <http://www.mail-archive.com/g-books%40mail.maclaunch.com/>

> iPod Accessories for Less
> at 1-800-iPOD.COM
> Fast Delivery, Low Price, Good Deal
> www.1800ipod.com

Nick

http://www.izap.com/~pinnacle

therhythmex: AIM, Jabber, and Yahoo Messenger ID

"So have I become your enemy by telling you the truth?" Galations 4:16 [NASB]