> >Your almost right, I am using an old VCR for the tuner, however it runs
> >into the Dell 2005FPW 20 inch screen not the PowerBook. The Dell
> >Screen has VGA, DVI and a S plug, you can switch between them using
> >a switch on the front of the display and you can also see TV using it's
> >built in P in P. I have my old PowerBook hooked into the VGA and a
> >Mac Mini hooked into the DVI. The Dell screen looks as good as my
> >partners 20 inch Apple display, but it has more functions. The only
> >thing
> >I hate about it is it says Dell on the front in Silver letters, so I
> >took a Black
> >magic marker and made that black.
>
> I noticed a good deal on a 20" Dell LCD with all those connections ...
> I am SO tempted, and like your marker cover-up plan.  Does yours have
> built-in USB hub, too?  ... Is Dell the only one making something like
> this? ... anyone know?

it has a 4-way hub (2 at the back, 2 at the side). This link could be of
interest to those on the market for a WS 20" flat panel for their "PB at the
desk setup":
<http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000020041567>

I was considering the 20" cinema display, but the Dell is a cheapo, here in
the UK at 399 GBP shipped vs 472 (with edu discount) for the cinema display.
Also with the Dell I could hook both the PB G4 and G3... and the VCR. Tough
choice...

cheers, gianfranco