Hi all,

Again, I just have to thank so much for the information about the iBook
battery re-call. I would most likely not have known about it, had it not
been for this list.

Finally got my iBook back today, after being without it for 2 months! I
asked the shop if they could replace the battery while they had it, but
they said I had to use the website. I thought I might as well get it
ordered, so it would be here when I got the computer back, but since I
needed the battery serial number, I couldn't do it. I wasn't very
surprised when I saw that my battery was indeed one of the affected
ones. I have reacted to how hot it becomes since I got the computer. It
has become so hot, I could barely touch it. So I often used it on the
armrest of the chair instead of on my lap, so it wouldn't overheat that
way. So it will be real nice getting that problem solved. I will
probably have a new one within a week or so... :)

They ended out doing a lot with my iBook; The repair report says:
Changed Logic Board, LCD, Inverter and LCD Cable. Tested 1 day, OK

I really hope they got it right now. While on the phone with them
earlier this week, I got the impression that they finally had got the
idea that the cable was a problem. I can't believe they didn't get it
earlier. I told them this 2 months ago, that I had a feeling that the
cable could be involved, because of me straightening the screen when it
went black. Then I told them this over the phone plus by e-mail 4 weeks
ago, when they got it back for a re-call after they sent it back to me
with the same problem still there. This time they at least tested it one
day, had it on and moving the screen multiple times to be sure that
there weren't any connection problem anymore. He said though, that there
is a possibility that there could be a problem where it connects to the
motherboard. I really hope that is not the case...

Now I can't wait to finally start fiddling with all the pics I
downloaded the day the screen went black! I only got to doing a bit with
one, and entered it into a contest that afternoon, figured it was worth
a try, even if it could be worked on more. Got a letter the other day
that the pic is in the semi-finals... The iBook seems really great, much
better for playing with photos than the old Pismo. I can't wait to learn
about using Photoshop, just tried it for the first time. Got myself a
book, that should get me started... :) Have to look online too, to see
if there are any how-to websites for Photoshop newbies...

Have a nice weekend!

Aase :)