> I agree with Dan.  CRT monitors still have many uses.

They certainly are the last component you'll need (note that I didn't say
"want") to upgrade on your computer, which means two things to me:

1.)  Don't scrimp on your monitor.  If you want high resolution and a small
footprint (LCD), pay for it now rather than pay again for it later.
2.)  There's rarely a time I give my monitors away.  Now I am a PC horder, and
all the junk in my office would be more than the average person could handle,
but just a few weeks ago I busted out the monitor for my LC (that's right, a 15
year-old monitor) to hook up to a Beige G3 I bought to be my network's print
server.

Re: Response on CRT for games over LCDs -- that issue really's not so bad, imo,
now.  I play World of Warcraft on my iBook G4 all the time without any ghosting
like I might have seen years ago, and even Quake does pretty well.  Try before
you buy, but don't not try an LCD because you like games!  Heck, Alienware and
Dell both have gamer laptops out now; those LCDs must not be scaring off too
many buyers.

Ruffin Bailey

--
This message sent by an unregistered version of The Digest Handler.
If you read email digests, you NEED The Digest Handler!