On May 29, 2005, at 6:45 AM, david wrote:

You are (possibly) where I was about 18 months ago: A 15" PowerBook running the old OS just fine but choking on the new version. My RAM passed all tests - even when I took it into the shop and had the tech run Apple's diagnostics. But when we stuck a new stick in the machine ran just fine, thank you. We saw a lot of this at the shop with the Panther upgrade, not so much with Tiger, mostly Jag people who skipped Panther. But we have seen it.

Yes, OWC should replace it without problem.

Very interesting. Last night I moved the RAM from the lower to the upper slot and I think it's running better. A few more days of use should tell. But I think my next step would be to contact OWC concerning a RAM swap. Thanks for the advice!

-Dylan