At 10:48 AM -0400 6/6/05, Laurent Daudelin wrote:
On 06/06/05 10:45, "dan_A" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 Hi listers...

 I have a Tibook with a functioning SuperDrive and a 12" Alumbook with
 a broken combo drive. I would like to install Tiger into the 12"
 book. Can I mount the 12" onto the desktop of the Tibook via a FW
 cable and have the ability to install using the Tibook's superdrive,
 onto the  12"s mounted drive? Or is there another way that I'm just
 not seeing. I have the books networked via a wireless router. Can it
 be done via the network? Thanks for your help.

 dan_A

You can't because you have to boot from the installation DVD (or CD)...

It can be done. You start up the Al book in FW Target Disk Mode (TDM). It will show up on the Ti Book as another HD. You just select it as the drive to install to instead of the internal HD.

As someone pointed out the DVD can be put in the TiBook running in FW TDM and boot off it that way on the Al Book.
--
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA