On 07 Jun 2005, at 05:28, G-Books wrote:

Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 16:44:10 -0400
Subject: Re: Heat issue/Apple
From: Laurent Daudelin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

On 06/06/05 16:37, "Andre Balogh" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 15:41:09 -0400
From: Laurent Daudelin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hello All,

My 17" ALPB also has an heat issue since it is running 10.4.1. I have
traced the source with activity monitor. It is iTunes Tools which
won't play nicely in this new environment. Have not yet found a
solution. Anybody ?

Running 10.4.1 on my 17". I also have Activity Monitor running all
the time
and iTunes most of the time. I haven't noticed any heat issue so far.

What do you qualify as a "heat issue"?

-Laurent.

When the fan is running constantly and the PB feels very hot at the
bottom along the hinge. Never did this before 10.4.
By the way it is not iTunes but iTunes Tool which sits on the desktop
making the basic controls of iTunes accessible. When I trash iTunes
Tool the issue disappears. I'm however very used to iTunes Tool and
would like to keep it but then without this heat problem.

Oh, I see what you mean. I missed that "iTunes Tool" part. Did you check in Activity Monitor to see which process is running up the processor? If your
PowerBook is running hot, then there must be a process bugging the
processor. When I find such process, I just get rid of it. I used to use iCan but realized that when the Finder was the foreground application, iCan
would increase its activity too much to my taste, basically for just
watching if something is thrown in the trash can. So, I got rid of it.

FYI, I have been using Synergy to control iTunes and I like it a lot. And it
doesn't monopolize the processor when iTunes is running...

-Laurent.

Yes I found the misbehaving utility iTunes Tool by applying Activity Monitor. Mentioned this in my earlier post.

If thrashing iTunes Tool is your recommendation I will have to try Synergy.

Thank you for the tip, greetings, Andre