Pismo has been running great.But with only 192 MB of RAM was over due for more . Bought 2 -256 MB chips online (ebay) from a Power book parts place I'd heard of. Stated it was 1 in low Profile RAM could be used in either slot . It is in fact 1 1/4 in RAM . No big deal if that size will work in both slots? OWC sells 1in low profile "fits both slots" , 1 1/4 in low profile no mention of working in lower slot and 2 in high profile (top slot only) I put the new RAM in one in each slot and the Pismo refused to boot . I finally put the old RAM back in (bottom slot RAM is 1 in) and the machine is still dead :-( The only odd thing I did was by mistake I removed the heat sink from the CPU . I didn't realize the heat sink and cpu card would lift out as one piece. I put back together carefully and put a very small amount of thermal grease on the cpu. I have lots of experience with desktop machines and have replaced cpu's and you name it in them. This is really my first Power book. Any ideas? I don't have a clue what to look for. It all looks good to me. thanks Will S