Laurent,

I have used Canon, Epson, and HP printers. In my experience Canon has always been the best in print quality and performance. One difference is that I have not used the low-end printers or "low-cost" ink. I use the multi-cartridge printers. To me, printers are like stereo speakers, the most important part of the system. So, I recommend maybe investing in a better quality printer whatever the brand. I highly recommend Canon to everyone who asks me.

Scott

I've been using a Canon i960 for about a year now, from time to time. This morning, my daughter had to print an important homework she had to turn in and since it had colors, she went with the i960. Well, she was not able to
get the black ink to print. They awoke me and I tried deep cleaning the
print cartridge to no avail. I even replaced the black tank but the Canon utility was still reporting a half full cartridge even with the new one.

So, I'm not sure what I want to do now. I had those problems in the past
where after some period of inactivity, I would have to go through many
cleaning cycles in order to get all the ink. I'm thinking that using
non-Canon ink might be the problem.

Anyway, I'm considering replacing the printer, since this one was cheap and a refurbished unit. Any recommendation? I'm looking for a printer that has ink cartridges for different colors, not the ones with 2 cartridges, one black and one colors. I use it mostly to print a digital picture on photo paper from time to time but the children will sometime print some kind of
color document.

Thanks in advance!

-Laurent.