g'day,

the battery in my pismo (powerbook g3 firewire) has just died (m7318) and i wondered if it
has anything to do with the recent os upgrade i performed (10.2 to 10.3)?

everything was fine until i upgraded a couple of weeks ago and now it's as dead as a dodo.
is this a strange coincedence or just a case of bad timing?

are there any tests in os x i can perform to see if it has really died or if it's something else? i can't run apple's battery reset 2.0 as i no longer have classic on my machine due to
storage constraints.

i'm just about to buy a quicksilver (powermac g4) and can't really afford to replace the battery yet. does it matter if leave the battery left in the slot until i have sufficient funds to
obtain a replacement or should i remove it completely?

finally can anyone recommend a good replacement for the m7318 that holds around 5-6 hours of charge as most of the one's i've seen on the web only seem to last for 2-3 hours?

cheers,

simon
09/06