Andre Balogh wrote:

My 17"ALPB running OS X 10.4.1 does not accept DV+R's. When I slip them in the machine I hear some action but at the end the blank DVD is spit out. It plays however recorded DVD+R's. What's going on ?

I burned a DVD+R for a friend with a 12" ALPB and it wasn't recognized at all in 10.3.9 or 10.4.1. Neither was a blank. I'm reburning the DVD+R to a DVD-R that he supplied, we'll see of that works? Another friend with an older TiPB couldn't recognize any of four different brands of blank CD-R's I owned, so evidently these PB's are either broken or very finicky. With desktop drives & firewire external drives there are often firmware updates to add support for more or newer media types. Perhaps these PB drives could be "upgraded" using some non-Apple firmware and then patched with PatchBurn to reestablish Apple burn support? Big risk and hassle I'd think, but so is the unreadable CD or DVD.