on 13/06/05 17:36, gladys pérez-almiroty at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> scott:
> i went from 10.3.9 to 10.4.1. i repaired preferences before and after
> the install. in panther you had the "usb" option, but in tiger all i
> am getting is the hp ip option. the printer is not recognized. on the
> other had, the samsung laser works perfectly. i tried the linix
> drivers with no change.
> help!

If the printer driver is some kind of network kernel extension, then the
version for 10.3 won't work with 10.4 because Apple made some changes to the
network kernel API and drivers have to be modified to work properly under
10.4. I'm not saying that this is the problem, but it could be and, in this
case, there isn't much you can do except complaining to HP...

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe, trying to produce
bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
-Rich Cook