I sent a reply last week (yesterday as well) suggesting a solution. I will paste it again at the end of this post*. Did you try that? I am curious if my suggestion is not working?

You both can obviously post to the list, so the content of some of your post messages must be in a format that is not accepted by the list, such as Rich Text. I know the list does not accept Rich Text, and I think the list accepts Plain Text only. You need to make your messages' format conform to the list format in order to post.

This is what I posted yesterday:

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Windows characters??
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 22:39:37 -0700

John, or jb (if you prefer):

The Text Encoding setting in your email program needs to be changed.
The setting seems to be set to "windows-1252" and needs to be set to
"ISO-8859-1." If you are using Mail, then Text Encoding is the last
item under the Message menu. Set it to Default.

Also, this list will not accept Rich Text Format (rtf). I think it
accepts Plain Text only. Under the Format menu select Make Plain Text
before sending.
Hope that helps.

Scott

So, the steps, using Mail.app, are this:
1) Set "Text Encoding" to "Default" from the "Message" menu.
2) Prior to sending your email message, select "Make Plain Text" from the "Format" menu (you may need to "Select All" first).