on 6/17/05 6:18 AM, Francesco sciacca at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>> I really wanted it to just work at the OS 9.2. level as my kajillion apps of
>> graphics software match that system.

> I own and use a Lombard since 6 years and in my experience, in the pre-OS X
> days, random freezes and/or crashes were predominantly due to conflicting
> extensions (third party stuff) and lousy freeware randomly installed.

Dear  cheery, gianfranco,

I am in high level talks with my banker, my husband the DELL user, regarding
the funds to do the upgrade  Michael J. Amato suggested at Daystar...sending
it to a tech tho more (pricey for me) ...might be less. Then the techs there
can make the daughterboard et al sit down or  seat well.

I just don't want to get too far down the tech road and find I have left my
vintage graphics programs behind.  I really liked the OS 8.6 days when I was
working (sort of) ..but my digital camera doesn't...so I was finally forced
to upgrade to a mere 9.2.2 here in the rustic backfields of Indiana...and
the G-Books list is my only line to technology...unless i go into Chicago
and I haven't a clue where that would be...

On the other hand my AGFA Studio Star  scanner, has become con fused and
won't rest after trying to calibrate, I guess it has become well...insane.

 So I am looking to  replace that old friend with either:
 Epson 2580Photo Flatbed Scanner with auto film loader
or
Canon  CanoScan LiDE 500F Color Image Scanner

I am well aware of the delicate symbiotic relationships of  extensions...and
I am thinking what
> (third party stuff) and lousy freeware randomly installed.
have I installed. its not much, as I just replaced the hard drive and loaded
just  the necessary internet progams, Netscape 7.04 and IE 5.0, Photoshop
4.0, Word 6, Quark 4, my Canon i6000 printer and the Olympus camera...ok
BarFly a ABC music notation reader/decoder...but we need that, we play
fiddles here on the back porch.

³In order to seek one¹s own direction, one must simplify the mechanics of
ordinary, everyday life.² -Plato

preach it Plato!

> I would suggest (if you pass ...you just back up your data and re-install the
> OS afresh,
ack! and this was summer!

> Lombard with OS 9.2 is a great machine,
so they say