From: Zoltan Batiz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Is Apple really moving to x86 architechture?!
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 21:09:09 -0700

Hello All,

I just had to add one more thought on this subject, and wanted to see
if anyone agrees.  After reading all the input from this invaluable
list group, and listening to the radio (Leo Laporte has said some VERY
interesting things when it comes to Apple moving to Intel on AM 640),
and reading all the relevant articles in mags I have come to a very
logical and realistic conclusion:

The proverbial gap between PC's and Mac's will not change.  In fact, I
honestly think that NOTHING will change at all.  Call me an optimist,
but the only thing that's going to happen besides faster Macs overall,
is that one day a PC user will be going over to his/her old friends
house who happens to be a Mac user and that Mac user will tell his/her
PC user, "hey did you know that my Mac has an Intel designed
processor?"  The astonished PC user will just be that. . .astonished.
Then they'll go about their business.  I expect nothing more, nothing
less.  Macs will still be "just above" PC's, PC's will still dominate
the business world, and Mac's will still dominate the design world.

Anyone agree?  Or is everyone leaning on Laporte's side saying that
"this move is a stake in Apple's heart"

Zoltan