on 17/06/05 19:39, Dan O'Donnell at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> A neighbor has just discovered that I know a little about Macs and
> asked me about her machine. Turns out it's a 2400c/190. Problem is that
> it's losing date and time, and so I assume the small battery that holds
> PRAM settings is dead. (Assuming the 2400c is like old desktop
> machines.)
>
> Is this a safe assumption?
> If so, where is this battery located, and is it user-replaceable?

You might get more replies if you ask this question on the regular PowerBook
list. There also used to be a specific 2400 list from somebody else.

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

code monkey n.: 1. A person only capable of grinding out code, but unable to
perform the higher-primate tasks of software architecture, analysis, and
design. Mildly insulting. Often applied to the most junior people on a
programming team. 2. Anyone who writes code for a living; a programmer. 3. A
self-deprecating way of denying responsibility for a management decision, or
of complaining about having to live with such decisions. As in "Don't ask me
why we need to write a compiler in COBOL, I'm just a code monkey."