On Jun 19, 2005, at 8:47 AM, PETE wrote:
Pete,

Give WaMCom (Web and Mail Communicator) a try. It's
the most recent
build of Mozilla available for OS 9, an open source
project. More
info and download here: <http://wamcom.org/>

I have a wallstreet running OS 9.2.2. The browsers
I'm
currently using on this machine are netscape 7.02
and
IE 5.1.x. I'm suddenly having problems on a couple
of
web sites. What is a viable alternative browser for
OS
9. I have never used icab, is it any good?
TIA,
Pete.

I did  get
Wamcom build of Mozilla, 1.3.1, and I also went ahead
and got icab but still had problems at this one
website. So I became curious. I borrowed my friend's
notebook running XP with IE. No problems. The stupid
website is probably optimized for windows and
exploder.
 Thanks to everyone who chimed in.
Pete.

--- Richard Smykla <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

It is possible that the web designer has specified that only browsers reporting as IE on WIndows are allowed. It is further possible that you can make a change on your machine so that it reports IE on Windows. This will let your browser onto the site and it's possible that everything may work. However, if the site has Windows-specific code (e.g. ActiveX) then you may not be able to get it to function anyway.

I do not remember what apps to use to change the platform/browser reporting on OS9 machines.