Hi all;

I hauled my new powerbook to a hospital last week as I'd be spending a bit of time there; their public network was up, I got an IP, 2-3 bar signal strength, DNS etc resolved. all looked just great in the network section of the "about this mac" menu.

Except, no DNS calls would work.

Everything worked fine on my wife's WinXP laptop, so I used that off and on. Windows has really come a long way with XP....

I'm going to be spending about a day a week down there for the next few weeks and I really want my laptop online. Granted I was both distracted and not feeling great, but I really saw no reason for DNS not to be working.

Anything weird with 10.4 or Airport that anyone has seen or read about? I'm going to try again tomorrow.

thanks,

Brian
--
organ donors save lives