>From: David Rodriguez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Re: WiFi
>Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 07:47:37 -0700
>
>I guess the responses to my post sum up the the core question.
>
>  Which card brands will work BOTH under OS9 and OSX?
>
>Also, I don't have Tiger installed yet either, so wondering if there is
>an app out there (like the Tiger Widget) that gives you signal
>strengths under Panther?
>
>Thanks for the ideas.  Dave

Hi Dave.

The Cisco 340 and 350 series of cards work under OS-X and OS-9 with the
Cisco software. Also the Dell TrueMobile 1100 Series is an OEM of the Cisco
340. I have flashed a Dell card with the Cisco Firmware.

The Cisco software has a feature like the Classic Stumbler, which lets you
see all available wireless networks.

All of these cards support 802.11b only. I don't know of any card that will
work native with AirPort software in both OS-9 & OS-X.

Follow the links on my Wireless FAQ to the Cisco pages with software and
ROM information for using these cards on a Mac.

Ken Vann