On 22 Jun 2005, at 20:53, Lisa & Tom P wrote:

Has anyone figured out a way to get the fan on a Wallstreet to actually run during operations ? The WS seems to run pretty how with either the G3/300 or a G4/466.

On a separate note, I am having some trouble with my new G4/466 upgrade from Daystar. I noticed after running a few minutes under OS X 10.3.9, the unit would lock up the first time it went to sleep. Under OS 9.2.2, the unit would lock up within 60 seconds of booting. This did not appear to be a heat issue.

After installing the XLR8 software, and using the write through cache setting, the lockups under OS X stopped and the unit runs fine in X. I did the same for OS 9.2.2, and it didnt improve anything. I tried an entirely different hard drive with 9.2.2 on it, and the same lock up occurred. I made sure to enable power conservation under both OS versions. it also doesnt seem to be RAM related.

This appears to be some sort of software issue with OS 9 and a G4. Has anyone run across this type of problem before ?

Only when I used an old TravelStar HD. It would do exactly as you describe. Doubt this is a software issue.

J Sanderson