The National Enquirer reports at 8:03 AM -0400 6/19/05, Kenneth Vann wrote:

>Hello. I would like some suggestions as to what type of FireWire card I
>should purchase for a Wallstreet II, running OS 9.1.
>
>Most of all I have seen are for OS X, but I have seen a Western Digital
>(number WDAD003-RNW) on ebay which the seller says is Mac compatable under
>OS 8.6 or higher.
>
>All suggestions will be helpful.
>
>Thank you all.

Hi Ken,
 I've been out of town for a couple of weeks. I just read your post
above and noted that you didn't seem to get any answers other than
the dummy who quoted WiFi formation to you. :-/ This seems to be the
nature of the G-Books list these days. People with serious,
worthwhile questions are ignored and those with PowerBook vs iBook
questions etc get dozens of replies.

Anyway, Here's what I'm using in all of my Operating Systems (OS
8.6/9/10.2.4 -- haven't tried it in 10.2.8 yet, but it should work).
I don't know if you can find this card now or not. I'm not sure if
Macally is manufacturing it any more. I bought it used for $30 or so.

It's a Macally FH-BUS2 Cardbus PCMCIA card. It has 2 FW ports on it
and uses a dongle. It works great in all Operating Systems.

If you're interested, maybe you can find a used one on the LEM swap
list or ebay. I don't know if these URLs are still valid or not:
Macally: <http://www.macally.com/new/fw/newcardbusfw.html>
<http://www.applemugstore.com/cgi-global/generate_css_temp.cgi?p=a-52026>

I can't help you regarding the WD card, but I have seen the following
cards suggested for OS 9:

Ratoc: <http://www.rexpccard.co.jp/english/products/subpages/cbfw2.html>

FireWire2Go: <http://www.powerbook1.com/pbnewerfw2go.html>
<http://www.newertech.com/>

<http://www.vsttech.com/vst/products.nsf/e9ced539cb8a5212852568890073b
f15/74059625389933d0852567c5005696f0?OpenDocument>

Orange Micro: <http://www.orangemicro.com/firewire.html#anchor1986149>

Ariston: <http://www.ariston.com/item.asp?ItemId=23>

And I have read several good reports about an IBM FW card (don't have
a model number for it):
<http://www.computergeeks.com/>

HTH,

Bob
--
If replying privately, please include my name in the To: address, so
that my filters won't send your reply to the trash.