At 7:46 AM -0400 7/21/05, diane wrote:
Any recommendations on an adapter to use my iBook in the car? I see that Linksys has one that will actually allow you to plug a 2 or 3-prong plug into it, while others (APC was one that I saw) just allows you to plug the ibook into the lighter. The APC one is $40 while the others were $80.

MCE has the best price I've seen. I've bought two from them and both have worked fine.

<http://store.mcetech.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=MTOS&Category_Code=ACCACAUTOADPT>

I prefer the auto adapter as it's more compact than the power inverter and AC adapter route. Especially as I use it with a portable battery pack sometimes.

However you can buy an inverter for much less than $80. Drug, department, auto part and other stores all carry them for $30-40 or so.
--
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA