thanks all for the suggestions and help, I'll pass them on to ensure she
gets on the right tracks from the outset.

My question about the registration was more not related to warranty, but
more to making a link from serial number to the actual owner of the machine.
I was warned in the past that it's useful in case the PB is lost or stolen.
I don't know it that link is autoamtically in place when you buy it (I doubt
it) or if it becomes affective with the registration or if else is needed.

Good to know that 3 months apple care are included after the online
registration. That might be a good place to ask.

thanks again and cheers,
gianfranco