My Titanium 1GHz powerbook has a slot in the side which I vaguely believe is supposed to take a PCMCIA card, although the manual that came with the powerbook says nothing about it.

The PB has USB but not USB 2.0. Maplin have a USB 2.0 PCMCIA Card (no maker's name given) on promotion. They say "For use in PC card slot Type II", and suitable for Windows 98 SE or higher PCs. They don't mention the Mac.

Is the slot in my PB a Type II slot? Would it take the PCMCIA card? If all that worked, I could get a Western Digital External USB 2.0 hard drive which is also on promotion.

Would all this work?  Or does the card need a PC only?

Mike