Kris Tilford wrote:

(NOT POSTED)

I need to connect a SCSI MO (Magneto Optical) drive to my Powerbook, and I'm wondering what would be a good PC Card that works with Tiger. I want a PC Card instead of a USB adaptor because I'd like to share it with a few older laptops.

Since OS X has never had a floppy driver, I'd bet there isn't any support for SCSI Magneto Optical drives either? That makes the SCSI PC card a moot point. You'd be better off attaching the MO drive to a computer that supports it and then use a network connection to access whatever you need.

http://www.fcpa.fujitsu.com/support/mo-drives/drivers_downloads.html

Acording to this page, Fujitsu's MO drives should work fine w/ OS X.1 or later. I've never used them like a floppy, though. I've always partitioned like a big DOS hard drive. Should that make a difference?

SCSI is still pretty flakey in OS X as far as I can tell. I use several SCSI HD's and a SCSI scanner under OS X Tiger on my desktop machines.

Good luck! Kris Tilford

Thanks much!

Clark

--