Hello folks,
I have to write a small documentation about creating a DSL-VPN-connection
using OS X for my ISP-company and it this very point I have some questions
(I hope you can help me on this list);

Well, our VPN-connection isn't encrypted and I discovered, that my Tiger
10.4.2 does have an option in the VPN-settings (in the Internet
Connection.app) allowing me to switch on and off encryption (automatic,
maximum and off).... But several customers (using Panther, mostly without
any updates, logged in as Administrator, but also as root) told me they
don't have this options... Well, as I only have Tiger available, maybe some
of you can tell me, if (and of course, why) their Panther installation
doesn't have this option for VPN-encryption and if there is a very easy way
(the customers are new to Macs and I have to support them through phone
line) to switch this encryption off? (yes, they may can edit plist-files
with defauts, but I won't bother them with the Terminal).....

Any help will be welcome,
Greetings from the mountains
Thomas