> Do you all recommend one over the other, both, neither?  (And while
> we're at it, what are some of your favorite add-ons and widgets?  I
> did just install Compost, since I like the idea of having more control
> over trash functions. :) )

    I like RadarInMotion.  When it opens with your other Widgets, click on
it and it almost triples in size.  You can set it to Regional Radar, Radar,
Satellite, U.S. Visible Satellite, U.S. Water Vapor Satellite.

    I always use Regional Radar and my Zip code.  It displays the lines of
storms as they march across your area and you can get a very nice
appreciation for how far away the storms (rain/snow) are and how fast they
are moving.

    Stickies Widget is very useful because:  I keep forgetting to open my
desktop stickies so I don't see the text there.

    OTOH, each time I invoke Dashboard, there are however many stickies I
have nagging me to do something which I would forget to do w/o them.

    Another one is SysStat which provides info on CPU stats, memory stats,
hard drive state, Network interface info, your IP address, system uptime,
load average, etc.

    I've tried several others, but these are the ones I kept and use
constantly.

    bob