I'm new to owning a G4 powerbok (been a 5300c owner for years, but it
finally died), and am in the process of tweaking my new machine, and
Tiger.  I'd like to get some disk utilities--I've previously owned
TechTools and was going to get the OSX version, and then saw an ad for
DiskWarrior.

Howard,

I installed OnXy at the recommendation of this list last year. Since my PowerBook is usually off at night, it doesn't get to do its 3am stuff that my iMac did (because it was always left on). OnXy lets you "catch up" on all the things that your computer apparently needs to do.

Every time I run utilities, I run Disk Utilities that came with OS X and then I run OnXy. That may be redundant, but it's what I do.

Claire