----- Original Message ----- > From: Andrew Main <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: Pismo PowerBook display failing
> Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 15:37:02 -0600
>
> Francesco sciacca wrote:
>
> > I've found the information you have provided (quoted below)
> > invaluable. My
> > problem is the light bulb replacement for a Lombard and I take it the
> > disassembling guides you point to will still be valid (with minor
> > differences). I wonder though about the specific bulb. I know the
> > Lombard
> > and Pismo displays are not interchangable, but I well suppose the bulb
> > at
> > least should be the same part. But I'd like to get a definitive word
> > on that
> > from some knowledge source.
>
> Sorry, I can't give detailed information. There are two display panels
> used in both the Lombard and Pismo (661-2217 LG and 922-3808 Samsung),
> each of which has its own specific cable (which was why I couldn't put
> a bright display panel from a Lombard into my Pismo); the light bulbs
> may also be different.

The actual fluoruoescent bulb in each display is the same. For that matter,
it appears to be the same in every 14" display I have taken apart. It can be
removed with a #00 philips screwdriver, you have to take apart the actual
metal frame of the LCD. And yes, it's a job that can be done at home. If you
can get to the point where the LCD is out of the housing, you can do this
too.

JSH