Brian Scott Oplinger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> has kindly responded and
suggested:

What about firewire disc mode? I'm not sure what powerbooks had what
capabilities, but I think they both support firewire, don't they? You
boot one machine holding down the t key I think then that machine
looks like a firewire drive to the other machine. That would be the
fastest and easiest I think. You just connect them with a standard 6
pin firewire cable. Faster than a crossover ethernet cable.

Brian

Firewire disc mode? Unfortunately, I only have firewire on the iBook 500,
and not on the Wallstreet II.

The Wallstreet II has USB, but only through a PCMCIA card which I have
inserted. . .

How would you recommend doing this with either an Ethernet crossover cable
or a pair of USB cables routed through a USB hub?

Alternatively, what else might I try?

All the best,
stanton

Dear List-mate,

How do I connect two PowerBooks, a Wallstreet II running OS 9.2.2 and an
iBook 500, running OS X 10.3.9 to one another, so that I can copy files from
one to the other?