Stanton Mitrany wrote:

Dear List-mate,

I didn't get a single response to this inquiry when I posted it a few weeks
ago; perhaps you can at least point me in the right direction?!

I imagined this was an easy question, but I've never done it, and don't know
how.

How do I connect two PowerBooks, a Wallstreet II running OS 9.2.2 and an
iBook 500, running OS X 10.3.9 to one another, so that I can copy files from
one to the other?
Here's the equipment I have available to me which might prove useful:

- USB A-B cables and a Belkin USB hub

- straight and crossover ethernet cables,

- D-Link DWL Wireless USB adapter,

- 2 USB Bluetooth adapters- a D-Link Bluetooth DBT-120, and a Mitsumi
CE0197,

- Belkin 802.11B PCMCIA CardBus Wireless Notebook Network Card F506020.
I have a network setup in my home and the Quicksilver 2002, wallstreet II, 8600 upgrade, and the PC are all talking just fine to each other. I would suggest getting an inexpensive hub to connect everything together and then just turn it on. Whoa not quite that simple. First go to this web page and read his networking article it will help you a lot. Just disregard the PC stuff. It is now doable with the included software in OS X. It is just a pain to get it configured right from the PC side to the Macintosh. The biggest problem the you will find is that you have to hard boot both machines for them to recognize each other on the network. If you still have problems after reading this article contact me and I will help you through it step by step. All you need is time and patience.
Shaack