Thank you Ron. I believe I have the Powerprint software, but if not your
offer is much appreciated and I'll be back! As I'm on a tight budget,
I'm now looking at either the Samsung suggested by Brian with its mega
rebate or an old HP as you suggest (I love the HPs my employer
uses--real workhorses.)
All this info you've provided is so useful--I have a lot to learn.
Kerry

If you need high quality text, a laser printer is the only way to go.

With the PowerPrint cable you can use almost any printer. I have a
powerprint cable attached to an old HP Laserjet 4L(parallel) and it
works well for text. You can find older HP laserjets fairly cheap if
you are on a budget. With the Powerprint cable and software you can
use any HP parallel or mac serial laser printer and most other
parallel printers. HP made Mac serial LaserJets which were designated
with an "M" in the model number. ie: LaserJet 4ML instead of the 4L.
Same printer but with a serial port for Macs.

If you don't have the PowerPrint software I can send an older version
to you or show you where to download it. It's basically abandonware
now anyway. The newer PP software can be found on Ebay but is for USB
to parallel cables and may not work.

Or you can buy a new LaserJet as suggested but if you need quality
text stay away from inkjet printers. Inkjets eat ink and get really
expensive compared to a good Laser printer and the quality is not even
close.

--
Ron

http://krowmagnum.4mg.com/

--

<hr>

sans-serif"><strong>Mayer, Brown, Rowe &amp; Maw LLP is moving our Chicago
office to the Hyatt Center,</strong></font><font color="#000099" face="Arial,
Helvetica, sans-serif"> 71 S. Wacker Drive, Chicago, Illinois 60606. Email
addresses, telephone numbers, and facsimile numbers remain unchanged. For more
information, click the link below or copy / paste the link into the address bar
of your Web browser: </font></p><a
href="http://www.mayerbrownrowe.com/chicago/move.asp";>http://www.mayerbrownrowe.com/chicago/move.asp</a>

Please Note: Some administrative functions will be located at 230 S. LaSalle,
Chicago IL, 60604.

<hr>

IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE. Any advice expressed above as to tax matters was
neither written nor intended by the sender or Mayer, Brown, Rowe & Maw LLP to
be used and cannot be used by any taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding tax
penalties that may be imposed under U.S. tax law. If any person uses or refers
to any such tax advice in promoting, marketing or recommending a partnership or
other entity, investment plan or arrangement to any taxpayer, then (i) the
advice was written to support the promotion or marketing (by a person other
than Mayer, Brown, Rowe & Maw LLP) of that transaction or matter, and (ii) such
taxpayer should seek advice based on the taxpayers particular circumstances
from an independent tax advisor.

<hr>