> On 8/16/05, at 10:27 pm -0600, Harry Corsover wrote:
>
> >I'm not sure about a direct answer to your question, but if I were
> >going to take one (or a few) photos to a commercial photo place (or
> >even to the grocery store's kiosk) I think it would be simpler to
> >copy them over to a USB flash drive. They come in sizes from about
> >32MB to 1GB, and are easier to use than burning to a CD.

FYI, I tried this yesterday at my local Sam's Club.  The two kiosks
for making digital pictures, one from Kodak, one from Fuji, did not
have any way of allowing a flashdrive to be plugged in.  You can do
3.5" floppies, compactflash, secure digital, etc.--no USB port.  The
Kodak kiosk would even allow IR from a camera (if so equipted) or a
cellphone.  A CF set up for a Mac as extra storage wouldn't be read,
BTW--I ended up putting the photos on a 3.5" and just copying off from
there.

Later................Howard