By way of reminder, I'm the one trying to save photos from iPhoto to CD, but iPhoto keeps filing them for me in folders that are numbered by year, then within the years by month, and then within the months by day. As a result, these photos often have duplicate numbering systems. So when I try to save them all at once, I am told that "a photo already exists with that name, and do I want to replace it?" I tried that once, and ended up with around 600 photos, so that means that about 500 of them are somehow duplicates.

My PC son says there's an automatic way to renumber into a consecutive series a group of photos, files, whatever, that are grouped into one folder. If I could do that, then I could burn all of these photos without using iPhoto to do it.

Claire
Graphic Converter <www.lemkesoft.de> will do batch renaming, batch conversion to a different format and a bunch of other things. You open a window, select the files you want renamed, fill in how you want renamed, you can add to the original name or make up a new one.
It's shareware but the trial version is fully usable.
You just have a nag screen for 30 seconds when you start up.
I've actually paid (about $35) for a couple of copies for various family members.

--
Andrew in Ann Arbor