Listers,

Howdy. I have a problem I hope you can help me with. I have a PowerBook G4 running OS X 10.3.6 and I am trying to configure Virtual PC 7.0 (Windows XP Pro) to use Symantec Client VPN 8.0 to create a tunnel to my companies network. So far I can't make it work. I get the following error message each time:

Error connecting tunnel to <IP address>. The server rejected the ISAKMP
security association.
Make sure the phase1 IDs, shared key and IKE policy are correct.

I've made sure all the info is correctly entered. Still nothing. The same set up works fine on my father-n-law's Dell using XP Home.

I'm thinking that I need to use a Virtual switch set up through the Virtual PC rather than the shared networking set up. But when I try to use the virtual switch, I can't get the dialer to dial out and I can't get a connection established.

So, I don't know if I have two problems (the initial connection to the internet + the VPN problem) or just one (connection to my ISP). Any ideas about how to set this up?

Lawrence