Howdy all!

I'm having a problem with my Powerbook Lombard, here are the symptoms:

The machine is unpowered and the main battery removed. I plug in the power cord into the back and the green power light comes on and I can hear the hard-drive spin up - and I haven't even touched the power button yet. The computer doesn't do anything more and it "unpowers" when I hit the reset button. When I hit the reset button a second time, it behaves just as before if I just plugged it in.

The powerbook behaves the same way when it is unplugged and I insert a charged battery.

What I have tried:

I have removed all third party RAM and made sure the processor was seated correctly. I have tried to run the computer with the keyboard was disconnected; and in a last ditch effort to get the machine running, I replaced the logic board.

All attempts ended in failure.

The most frustrating thing is that I did an internet search and have run across at least a dozen people that had the same problem, but no one has posted any solutions. Is my laptop doomed to be a paper weight?

Any clues and/or help would be deeply appreciated.

A Dunn