On Aug 22, 2005, at 11:16 AM, Harry Corsover wrote:

Has anyone had experience with this router or other products from Hawking Tech?

My SMC Barricade g router has been dropping the wireless signal repeatedly, and I've spent enough hours on hold and talking with their tech support in India (which is itself a challenge to my stress-management skills) to pay for a dozen new routers. I need a wireless router/switch with a detachable antenna, so I can use the Hawking Tech high-gain antenna to increase range. The SMC has two such antennas, so if I get the Hawking Tech model with one removable antenna, I'll have an extra Hawking high-gain omnidirectional antenna for sale cheap.

I'd like to know if the HWR54G Wireless-G 4 Port Router, 802.11b, g will transmit AppleTalk packets (that's how my HP 2100 TN communicates).

I'd also like to know of anyone's experience with Hawking Tech tech support.

As you may already know, for quite some time CompUSA stores have been dumping the above-mentioned Hawking router. This week they are selling it for $4.99 after rebates, possibly for good reasons.

A while back I bought a Hawking HAI6SIP Hi-Gain Omni-Directional Antenna. For weeks I have tried to reach Hawking Technical Support to ask a simple question about it, but have been unsuccessful. They have not responded to my messages. I hope that you will have better luck in contacting them.

Fabian