At 03:58 PM -0700 08/31/2005, Jason Rife wrote:
So my 6 month old powerbook has its third strike, and Apple takes it
and orders me a new one. The new one is not on a customs hold in
Indianapolis, along with several hundred items... Ever hear of this
before?? Fedex says its a problem from the manufacturer in China's
forms, and Apple wont tell me anything unless I order applecare on it,
since the original was out of phone support time.

Paperwork happens, regretfully.  SOP result of offshore manufacturing.

It is Apple's responsibility to work with their Chinese supplier, Customs, Homeland Security, and FedEx to straighten this mess out.

3rd strike replacment. :( Is this by Apple's policy or do you have a state lemon law? hum. Either way,,, you don't care where the PB comes from, as long as it gets into your hands...

Perhaps the BBB might be of assistance.

Perhaps the BBB in combination with the manager of your local Apple Store might be able to help. If he can't use his contacts to help, he should at least be able to hand you a replacement powerbook! Most Apple Stores have 'em in stock!

- Dan.