I would like to thank all of you who responded to my request for information on installing OS X on my G3 Series PowerBook.

After trying all of the suggestions (remove added memory, remove battery, etc.) and verifying that my PowerBook was OK (Tech Tools Pro, Disk First Aid, Disk Warrior), I still am unable to install OS X (10.2). I tried many times over a period of three days, with the system freezing; sometimes while reporting 45 minutes remaining, sometimes with less than a minute remaining, and one getting to the point where it completed the first disk, only to get the message, "installation requires you restart" which resulted in the install disk going back to the beginning when I restarted, rather than completing the installation. I suppose I will just have to live with OS 9.2.

Art Richard  (St. Petersburg, FL)