From: Harry Corsover [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 22:20:20 -0700
To: G-Books@mail.maclaunch.com
Subject: Re: External FW drives problems and Tiger?

There are two things to watch out for. One is whether the disk will
be recognized (or mount). The other is whether the disk is bootable.
The first is much less likely to be a problem, but I ran into the
second when I bought two FireWire 80GB disks from IOGear. They were
not bootable. I went several rounds with them claiming "we never
advertised them as bootable" (which IMO is like selling a car without
a fuel system, saying "we never advertised that it had a fuel
system") before they agreed to replace them with bootable models.

The only way I know (short of trial and error) is to get direct
information from the drive manufacturer about this.

Regards,

Harry Corsover
---
On Sep 13, 2005, at 9:06 PM, Laurent Daudelin wrote:

> I've been using 3 or 4 different FireWire drives under 10.4.2
> without any
> problem...

Empower Your Future
<www.harryc.biz>