Have downloaded the latest update to DW and a created a new CD with that
version: 3.0.3.

    It will start my G5 iMac running 10.4.2 and repair it just fine.

    However, when I try to start my G3 Dual-USB iBook with this same CD, it
will not work.  I can hear the CD drive grinding away, but no luck.

    After restarting the G3, I went to System Preferences > Startup Disk,
with the DW 3.0.3 CD in the drive and waited and waited while the gearwheel
in the Startup Disk window spun and spun then stopped without identifying
the DW CD as an option.

    The G3 CD drive _does_ work because when I insert the DW CD, it appears
on the desktop...so that's not the problem.

    So, I connected the G3 to the G5 with a FireWire cable, started the G3
in Target Disk Mode, launched DW 3.0.3, which I had installed on the G5,
choose the G3 and successfully ran DW.

    Any idea why I cannot start the G3 from the DW 3.0.3 CD?

    How does one check to be sure one's CD drive isn't going flaky???

    Many thanks,
    bob