On 23/09/05 12:54, "Mike" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Just tried installing OS 10.2 on my old WSII. It boots, restarts, then boots
> off the CD. When the CD pops up the little broken circle at the bottom just
> spins, like a broken beach ball. It never stops spinning either, os it never
> locks up, but I can't hear the CD-ROM doing anything. Making it's little
> whirls and woozles as it usually does when loading off the CD. I'm not sure
> if anyone has ran into this before. Any ideas? Reset pram maybe?
>
> An additional question also, is it possible to force Outlook Express to
> include my sig every time I make an email. Right now I have to click on
> signatures and then mine, kind of annoying. Thanks!

How long have you let it run? I did experience this a few times. It seems
that the CDs are not always burned optimally resulting in a lot of whirling
and shuffling back and forth as if the drive has to go to various places on
the CD to find what it's looking for. I remember taking 30 to 40 seconds
before something would finally load. So, if you didn't wait that long, you
might want to try again.

Otherwise, you might want to check if you can boot another Mac from that CD,
just in case...

-Laurent.